WATER4ALL DISCOUNT PROGRAM
What is Water4All?
Water4All is a new water billing discount program designed to create more equitable access to water assistance for more Baltimore City residents. Ordinance 20-468, the Water Accountability and Equity Act, is a comprehensive law that provides for an Office of Water-Customer Advocacy and Appeals, a Committee for Office Oversight, a right to administrative and judicial appeals, a Water4All discount program, and a fair process for customers before water services are cut off or liens imposed.
Who is Eligible for Water4All?
Baltimore City residential households whose income is below 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL) may be eligible. A formula is used to calculate the maximum a household should pay for annual water and sewer services, based on a percentage of their annual income; the difference between the calculated maximum and the estimated annual water and sewer bill amount would constitute the household´s annual discount.
Residents may be eligible to receive Water4All assistance if:
Their income is less than 200% of federal poverty guidelines. Updated
- For example, for a 4-member household that would be less than $55,500 a year
They are either
- Homeowners whose name is on the water bill
- Tenants whose name is on the water bill and who pay the city directly for water and sewer service
Tenants whose name is NOT on the water bill, who do NOT pay the city directly for water and sewer service and who can provide both:
- A lease that clearly states the tenant is responsible for paying water and sewer services separately from the rent
- A lease that clearly states the amount to be paid monthly by the tenant for those services or a copy of the monthly invoice for water and sewer services from the landlord or the landlord´s management company
How do I get more information about Water4All?
- Review the Water4All Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- If you still need more information, dial (410) 396-5555.